Food & Wine
Breakfast Al Fresco
Hadleigh Boutique Lodge is like staying with friends yet there are all the amenities one would expect from a top class hotel. Moreover there are some complimentary food and beverage related offerings that may surprise and delight, these include:
- Beers and spirits
- Wines, Port, Beer
- Mineral water, soft drinks and mixers
- Hors d'oeuvres
- Home baked cookies, cakes, squares, fruit loaf
- Fresh fruit bowl
The Waikato region offers abundant varieties of berry, pip, and stone fruit. The Hadleigh garden provides citrus, feijoas, rhubarb, plums and strawberries in season.
Breakfast is a buffet presentation, the selection changes daily:
- Fresh fruits
- New Zealand cheeses
- Pure fruit juices
- Fresh coffee, selection of teas
- Whole grain bread, croissants
- Manuka honey
and the following homemade...
- Compotes, preserves
- Freshly baked scones, muffins, pikelets, gems
- Fruit conserves, marmalade
In addition to the buffet, we offer cooked options which also change daily:
- Eggs Benedict - poached eggs on an english muffin split, drizzled with hollandaise sauce and served with honey cured bacon.
- Hadleigh Omelette - omelette filled with shredded Havarti, ham, optional cherry tomatoes and avocado.
- Tomato and Mushrooms - Baby tomatoes, button mushrooms sauteed in virgin olive oil, served with fresh herbs and crispy bacon.
- The French Connection - French toast served with warm brandied fruit compote, topped with creme fraiche.
- Pancakes Supreme - Pancake stack topped with sliced banana and cream, served with maple syrup and crispy bacon.
- Delice Fromage - Crepes filled with ham and tasty cheese, then grilled topped with sour cream.
- Asparagus Hollandaise - Seasonal asparagus drizzled with hollandaise sauce served with crispy bacon.
- Fruit Crepes - Warm crepes filled with poached apples and cinnamon sauce, served with dairy cream.
- Green Eggs and Ham - Eggs, scrambled with a hint of Pesto, served with honey cured bacon.
- Special Egg Whisk - Eggs scrambled with corn and fresh chives, nestled on full grain toast.
For those who enjoy a traditional English styled cook breakfast...
- Honey cured bacon
- Fresh farm eggs
...are always available to have prepared in your preferred style.
Happy hour is a great way to mingle with your hosts and other guests. On Summer evenings, the garden setting is a great way to relax and discuss the days events. When the weather is cool then the Red room with its log fire is intimate and cosy.
New Zealand is known for its outstanding Sauvignon Blanc principally from the Marlborough region . Hawkes Bay Chardonnays and Pinot Gris are also excellent.Central Otago, Martinborough and Marlborough produce some world class Pinot Noir.
In addition we offer complimentary spirits, including Whisky, Bourbon, Gin, Brandy etc. and for those who prefer, soft drinks and juices are readily available.
Here are a selection of the hors d' oeuvres we offer:
- Chicken liver pate on rye
- Akaroa salmon, avocado and ceme fraiche on Vogels
- Hadleigh Mousetraps
- Mini quiche
- Antipasto platter, dried fruits, salami, stuffed olives, cheeses, crackers
- Dukkah served with Virgin olive dipping oil and crusty bread
- Guacamole dip
- Selection roasted nuts
- Seasonal grapes, strawberries
- NZ Cheese board, quince paste, tomato and olive spread
Hadleigh is just 10 minutes from the centre of Hamilton city and 17km from the quaint village of Cambridge.
There are a number of fine dining restaurants to choose from, furthermore the café scene has definitely not escaped the region.
Hadleigh has a courtesy Porsche Cayenne (SUV), Jon is happy to chauffeur guests to and from the restaurant of choice.
"Enjoy Luxury accommodation at Hadleigh in the heart of the Waikato "