Waikato North Island
5 Star Boutique Lodge
Tourism New Zealand has rated Hadleigh as "Exceptional - among the best available"
Hadleigh is the recipient of Booking.com's coveted 'Guest Review' award.
Book direct through the 'Book OnLine' link above to support the "Kiwis Explore New Zealand" campaign in these difficult Covid 19 times and receive 10% reduction on advertised rates.
Canine pets are welcome to stay and explore the 2 acres of secure gardens. Holly our Lab has numerous parks, lakes and riverside walks to recommend.
276 Matangi Road Hamilton
p 07 8582991, m 0274972871
Take time out to discover a place that is fascinating and different, just 9 minutes from Hamiltons CBD.
Welcome to the new ‘Hadleigh', our original ‘Hadleigh’ was in Central Christchurch. Built in the late 19th Century it sadly could not withstand the violent earthquake that struck that region in February 2011.
We moved North and purchased this beautiful property in the Waikato and brought the 'Hadleigh' name with us as a poignant reminder. Situated 1 hour 20 mins from Auckland's International airport, the rural setting is just 11minutes from Hamilton CBD. We have the best of both worlds and are delighted to welcome visitors to share our special place.
We do not require a deposit, nor is there a cancellation fee, however notification of plan change is appreciated.
There are no additional charges throughout your stay at Hadleigh, the following are all included and complimentary.
In your Suite:
- Refrigerator and Mini bar with selection of Beer, NZ Wine and mixers.
- Home baking
- Bowl of seasonal fruit
- Good night chocolates
- Same day personal laundry service
- Selection of Teas and coffees
- Kotare suite:private lounge includes kitchenette with microwave etc for light dining in.
- Wireless internet
In the Lodge:
-Celebrate arrival with first evening cocktails and canapes with hosts
- Fabulous gourmet breakfasts
- Gluten free and other dietary requirements met
- Library to read and relax
- Red room for cosy fireside ambience
- On site late model Porsche racing memorabilia to peruse
- Personal assistance planning the days activities
- Gift Vouchers
Outside the Lodge:
- Ride in the new Porsche Cayenne to cafes and fine dining restaurants in Hamilton or Cambridge (Uber back)
- Swim in 13 Metre Lap Pool
- Relax in outdoor seating areas
- View the night sky, a sight unparalleled
- Say hi to Holly the friendly yellow labrador
- Set on 5 acres down a rural lane,observe sheep in the field and abundant bird life
- Explore the extensive 2 acre woodland and feature garden
-Admire the rural outlook and thoroughbred horses grazing.
-An architectural gem, Hadleigh is crafted in natural Otago stone schist with timber joinery.
Following are complimentary activities that are available exclusively to our guests:
- Rick Williams will show you around his renowned thoroughbred horse stud
- Visit Andy, at "Black Dog" maker of hand crafted bespoke furniture created from native timbers
The 'Special Packages' page may also interest.
"Enjoy Luxury accommodation at Hadleigh in the heart of the Waikato "