Hadleigh Boutique Accommodation
Waikato North Island
Taking time out to discover places that are fascinating and different create their own special memories.
Welcome to the new‘Hadleigh', our original ‘Hadleigh’ was heritage listed, and sadly could not withstand the violent earthquake that struck Christchurch in February 2011.
Encouraged by messages of support from former guests, we have at last procured this beautiful rural property here in the North Islands Waikato region. The search took many months, it was not until May 2013 that we were once again able to enjoy hosting guests from both home and abroad.
We chose this region because we knew it well and wished to share it with others, the appeal was the:-
- areas natural beauty ( Peter Jackson thought so too when he filmed the Hobbits here)
- hub for New Zealand’s renowned thoroughbred race horse industry
- Lake Karapiro, a fine training ground for our champion Olympic rowers.
- mighty Waikato river for boating and its many tributaries for trout fishing
- Hamilton Botanic gardens, renowned themed gardens situated on the banks of the Waikato river
- Waitomo Glow worm caves, a unique underworld experience
- Maungatautari Mountain, beautiful walks where native birds including kiwi and kaka abound
- prospect of surfing the demanding West coast beaches or enjoying the artisan Raglan cafes
- quintessential appeal of Cambridge village , its markets and quaint cafes .
- accessabilityto Hamilton city’s burgeoning night life, and fine dining restaurants.( 12 mins)
- opportunity to play on the areas many golf courses.
- proximity to Aucklands International airport ( 1hour and 30 mins)
We chose the property because it was:
- set on 5 acres down a quiet rural lane yet deceptively close to all amenities.
- ideal as a quiet retreat or weekend escape, with swimming pool , abundant bird life, a place to relax.
- a wonderful canvas to create over 2 acres of woodland garden.
- where we could enjoy watching over our field of sheep and lambs.
We absolutely love the architecture because:
- the exterior is crafted with native timber joinery and natural Otago schist
- inside, high pitched ceilings follow the multi gabled roof line.An enormous schist fireplace and gracious curved staircase create an ambience remarkably reminiscent of the understated luxury of our original ‘Hadleigh’.
So here we are, it has been an amazing journey and now we invite you to enjoy our hospitality and share with us our new ‘Hadleigh’ where a warm welcome is assured
"Enjoy Luxury accommodation at Hadleigh in the heart of the Waikato "
Click here for "Historic Hadleigh"