Hadleigh Boutique Accommodation
Waikato North Island
Taking time out to discover places that are fascinating and different create their own special memories.
Welcome to the new‘Hadleigh', our original ‘Hadleigh’ was heritage listed, and sadly could not withstand the violent earthquake that struck Christchurch in February 2011.
Encouraged by messages of support from former guests, we at last procured this beautiful rural property here in the North Islands Waikato region. The search took many months, it was not until May 2013 that we were once again able to enjoy hosting recreational visitors and business corporates from both home and abroad.
We chose this region because we knew it well and wished to share it with others, the appeal was :-
- The areas natural beauty ( Peter Jackson thought so too when he filmed the Hobbits here)
- Hamilton's conference hub, Hadleigh is ideally situated to host key note speakers and
those seeking quiet respite from a frenetic business schedule.
- The epicentre for New Zealand’s renowned thoroughbred race horse industry
- Lake Karapiro, a fine training ground for our champion Olympic rowers and canoers.
- The exciting new International Velodrome with auxiliary cycle ways
- The mighty Waikato river for boating and its many tributaries for trout fishing
- Hamilton Botanic gardens and renowned themed gardens situated on the banks of the Waikato river
- Waitomo Glow worm caves, a unique underworld experience
- Maungatautari Mountain, beautiful walks where native birds including kiwi and kaka abound
- Surfing the demanding West coast beaches or enjoying the artisan Raglan cafes
- The appeal of the quintessential Cambridge village, markets and quaint cafes( Prince William
and the Duchess of Cambridge thought so too.)
- Accessability to Hamilton city’s burgeoning night life, and fine dining restaurants.( 12 mins)
- An opportunity to play on the areas many golf courses.
- Proximity to Aucklands International airport ( 1hour and 30 mins)
We chose the property because it was:
- set on 5 acres down a quiet rural lane with thoroughbred horses, and abundant bird life.
- deceptively close to all amenities.
- a wonderful canvas to create a pool and over 2 acres of woodland garden.
- where we could enjoy watching over our field of sheep and lambs.
We absolutely love the architecture because:
- the exterior is crafted with native timber joinery and natural Otago schist
- inside, high pitched ceilings follow the multi gabled roof line.An enormous schist fireplace and gracious curved staircase create an ambience remarkably reminiscent of the understated luxury of our original ‘Hadleigh’.
So here we are, it has been an amazing journey and now we invite you to enjoy our hospitality and share with us our new ‘Hadleigh’ where a warm welcome is assured
"Enjoy Luxury accommodation at Hadleigh in the heart of the Waikato "
Click here for "Historic Hadleigh"